We are delighted to announce that the next Service Community Event will hosted by Renishaw PLC at their new Headquarters at Wotton-under-Edge offices in Gloucestershire. Renishaw is a UK based global leader with core skills in measurement, motion control, healthcare, spectroscopy and manufacturing, We will have a chance of understanding how they deliver services across such a large range of technologies and customer segments.
The event will run from 10.30 – 15.30 and include a light lunch and you can sign up through this link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/uk-service-community-at-renishaw-tickets-52993610315 .If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Nick Frank at email@example.com
Meet 10.00 for 10.30 Start
- Welcome from Renishaw PLC Diane Nichols – Service Development Manager
- Tour of the Innovation Centre to showcase Renishaw Technologies and act as an introduction to the seminar topics.
- Seminar type discussions to discuss how a global business such as Renishaw is dealing with different Service Challenges. We will try a new format, where a Renishaw leader will outline their challenge and how they have gone about managing the situation. We will then look and discuss similar experiences from the attendees. A Service Community facilitator will then summarise the common threads of the discussionGroup 1) Breaking organisational Silos: How can managers keep all the different groups and functions within a service business, focussed on the customer outcome
Led by Martin Carr – Group Service Manager & Nick Frank (SC Facilitator)
Group 2) Bridging the IT Solutions Gap through change: As organisations embark on change, it is somewhat inevitable that implementation of support tools such as CRM, Mobile and Service Management or not necessarily in synch with organisational change. How can managers see their way through this jungle.
Led by Diane Nichols & Adrian Botham(SC Facilitator)Swap groups and have a 2nd discussion
- Networking Lunch
- Seminar Debrief: 10 minute debrief by Service Community facilitator on the two discussions
- How manufacturers drive Service-Led growth Chris Raddats Snr Lecturer Liverpool University
Chris has co-authored a number of leading research papers into Servitisation. One particular recent study was done with 4 leading UK industrial companies understanding “how relationships support manufacturers in developing service-led growth”. Based on this research and his own 11 years in industry with Marconi, Chris will lead a group discussion on:
a) The processes, organisational structures and practices utilised by manufacturers engaging in services-led growth
b) How the emergence of new service offerings impacts the provision of existing product offerings
c) The role of relationships in the innovation and diffusion of services
- Moving to Outcome Based Services Max Schnippering Customer Segment Manager Heidelberg
We will hear about how a global leader in the digital printing industry, with already a very successful service business, is moving to the next phase of outcome services. Not many equipment manufacturers have been brave or capable enough to move this far, so this will be a unique chance to from a highly expert company on the real impact of digital, culture and customers on achieving ambitious service business growth.
Note that for those of you travelling the night before we will shortly have a list of Renishaw recommended hotels, and if you are interested or timing allows, there will be an informal dinner on evening of the 1st April at the De Vere Tortworth Court at 18.30.